It is getting increasingly difficult to calm the mind in today’s frantic society. We are overstimulated and overworked, and as a result, we have less time to accomplish the things we enjoy.
It’s easy to go a whole day without hearing your inner voice if you don’t have periods of silence and clarity. However, this is one of the most crucial things you can do for your mental health.
Finding a space for mindfulness can benefit us in both difficult and joyful situations. It enables our minds to return to who we truly are, where we are, and how we are doing.
Words of encouragement that are inspirational have a profound effect on the psyche. A 2015 study published in Brain and Behavior verified that repeating a word or phrase quiets the “default-mode network,” which is a network that fills the mind with busy, distracting thoughts.
Mantras (such as the ones we’ll provide here) allow the mind to rest, aid with concentration, and allow us to observe the world without the distracting chatter.
Positive neurological responses are elicited by encouraging remarks. Scientist John Eccles discovered in the 1970s that just uttering “positive verbs” out loud activated the part of the brain responsible for movement.
In the subsequent few decades, other studies have continued to validate his findings: that when we repeat pleasant statements, our brain physically responds.
We’ve compiled a selection of encouraging words to help you focus your attention and silence your default-mode network. We recommend going through the entire list and picking out the ones that really speak to you.
Write them down and post them wherever you can see them, such as on your fridge, a note at your desk, next to the front door, or even on your mirror. You’ll see them wherever you go! Then make it a point to pronounce them aloud every day.
Without further ado, here are 101 inspirational words of encouragement — let’s get started on your journey to mindfulness right now!
Mindfulness Mantras for Everyday Use
- Today, I sow the seeds of the life I aspire to live.
- I am adaptable and willing to go with the flow of life’s changes.
- All around me, I create a zone of serenity and clarity.
- My creativity is valuable and one-of-a-kind.
- There is no need to rush; instead, focus on one activity at a time.
- No one can take my attention away from this time except me.
- My work and ambitions are being supported.
- Today, I will look at the world with zeal and wonder.
- My breath is a gateway to a state of inner peace.
- I’ll look for the sacred in the mundane.
- Every individual I meet becomes a buddy and fellow globetrotter.
- I am capable of making tiny but significant improvements.
- Peace and contentment are brought about by maintaining a sense of balance in all aspects of life.
- I’m going to make something new today.
- My intellect yearns for fresh experiences and opportunities for growth.
- Kindness spreads throughout the planet.
- My kindness is not unnoticed.
- When I am fully present, time is never squandered.
- Today, I’m going to move outside of my comfort zone.
- Setting future goals offers me direction in the present.
- My five senses provide access to the current moment.
- Connecting with others will help me heal.
- That’s okay; I’m always a work in progress.
Words of Success Encouragement
- I have honesty and determination, and I have worked hard for this moment.
- I am deserving of praise, both from others and from myself.
- With each passing day, I shall take incremental steps toward my happiness.
- Working toward my objectives motivates those around me to do the same.
- Growth and improvement are never linear.
- I have the ability to spread love to everyone who comes into contact with me.
- My route is one-of-a-kind, and I shall walk it with pride.
- I’m going to take a moment to relish this lovely moment.
- I can describe what “success” means to me right now.
- I will spread joyful light to those who require it today.
- I made this mountain out of little stones first, and then began climbing.
- This day can serve as a source of motivation for me on days when I need it the most.
- My community believes in me, and I believe in them.
- I’m going to be present in my current bliss.
- Change is unavoidable, whether in good and bad times.
- There may be difficulties ahead, but I am strong enough to confront them.
- People believe in me because I am trustworthy.
- Each success provides an opportunity to assist others.
Mantras for Optimum Health
- My body is a wonderful thing that changes and grows.
- I select behaviors, foods, and concepts that will help me stand taller and stronger.
- My body has the ability to heal itself on a daily basis.
- Light and affection permeate my mind and body.
- I workout to gain a better understanding of my body.
- Each organ and part of my brain receives loving kindness from me.
- Serenity in my body motivates others to find peace in theirs.
- My mind is fed by what I do with it, and my body is fed by what I do with it.
- I am let to take my time healing.
- I’m going to pay attention to what my body is trying to tell me.
- When I am unable to help myself, I shall seek assistance.
- My health requirements take precedence over anyone else’s attractiveness standards.
- I’ll check in with myself and provide my body with what it requires.
- When I nourish my body properly, I am better able to connect with those around me.
- Today, I’m going to be gentle to my body.
- I am grateful for my skills.
- I will go about my day with resolve rather than judgment.
- I have my own set of criteria and benchmarks.
- My emotional and physical wellness come first, followed by my career.
- I will look for new ways to help those around me stay healthy.
Words of Encouragement for Sad Times
“Tears are a river that transports you somewhere…tears raise your boat off the ground and float it downriver to a better place.”
– Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Even if I am in pain, I remain my authentic self.
- When I am concerned with emotions, I am better equipped to care for others.
- The path to growth is one of change.
- I’m going to nourish my inner suffering and listen to what it has to say.
- I did everything I thought was correct at the time; I have no reason to be sorry.
- I am not alone, nor am I forgotten.
- Asking for assistance makes me stronger.
- Change brings with it a lot of possibilities.
- I will patiently and lovingly listen to my sadness.
- My words, thoughts, and ideas matter to the rest of the world.
- I am in need of relaxation and renewal.
- The world outside of my thoughts does not define who I am.
- During this terrible moment, I am shielded by love and generosity.
- “You are the sky,” says the narrator. Everything else is merely a coincidence.” –Pema Chodron
- Despite the fact that I feel out of control, I am protected, cared for, and well.
- The perils of my past do not define who I am today.
- I am not a burden to others in the same way that they are not a burden to me.
- For the time being, I’ll look for delight in the little things.
- I am worthy of self-compassion and self-acceptance.
- The rest of the world needs to hear what I have to say.
Mantras for Difficult Times
“When a person’s speech is full of wrath, it is because he or she is severely suffering.”
-Thich Nhat Hanh, Anger
- I’ve addressed similar challenges in the past and am certain that I can do so again.
- Labels from society cannot define me. I am one of a kind.
- I can channel my rage to effect positive change in myself and those around me.
- My wrath is motivated by fear, and I will soothe that fear with loving kindness.
- My modest acts of kindness make a difference in the world.
- Each single step forward contributes to a lengthy journey toward peace.
- Day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute. All I have to do now is concentrate.
- Others’ accomplishments and positive energy inspire me to change.
- Beautiful days are ahead.
- Today, I’m going to look for minor beauties in the world.
- Forgiveness begins with attending to my own pain.
- My trials teach myself and those around me valuable lessons.
“There are mountains beyond mountains.”
- My feet are on the ground, I’m breathing normally, and I’m safe.
- My next positive step forward will be clearer when I rest.
- I am solely accountable for my own acts.
- I believe in the existence of love in the world and in myself.
- At sunset, a girl and a boy stand by the shore.
“Don’t keep track of the days. Make the most of your days.”
– Mohammed Ali
Extensive scientific research has proven that repeating encouraging mantras and words, such as those in this post, can help you focus your mind, achieve your goals, and live more mindfully.
Remember to jot down your favorite mantras and post them around the house – or around your workstation – to serve as a physical reminder to you to talk lovingly to yourself.
Life is always in flux. And, just as the reality around us changes all the time, so can our perception of it. Make great changes today and begin living the life you’ve always wanted.